I got beat on Boxing Day, beat by exhaustion. I woke up awfully early to avoid the crowd and long lines as best I can, which was not much of a success. On the bright side, I managed to purchase $644 worth of items for ~$240, 63% worth of savings!
Tips for future Boxing Days:
1) The food court is probably one of the busiest so grab a bite before leaving your house or eat at a nearby restaurant because good luck on finding an unoccupied table.
2) Wear comfy (and easy to change out of) clothes. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to ninja through the crowd in uncomfortable clothing, or when trying on clothes.
3) Avoid using large satchels because carrying one around would be too much of a hassle. Stick to backpacks or mini cross-body bags so that you can maneuver around easier. You’re also doing everyone else a favour, trust me.
1) Denim Jacket: GAP (similar here) | 2) V-neck Tee: Topshop | 3) Distressed Jeans: Levi’s (similar here) | 4) Sneakers: Ralph Lauren | 4) Recycled License Plate Cross-body: Reworks in Calgary
A plus tard et avec l’amour!
Today offered a series of unfortunate events but at least, I was well dressed for it. Perhaps I foreshadowed my own fate with the monochromatic Mod. I am unaware whether it’s because of Halloween, or apparently looking like Michael Jackson, that I have been gravitating towards wearing almost all or if not, all black. To my defence (and all who are fond of wearing black), perhaps I’m at a phase of ‘less is more’ and wanting to achieve a vibe of class without needing to wear a dress. Or, I could simply be channeling my inner garçon.
There is nothing more pleasing than finding designer pieces at more than half the cost. Yesterday, I bought this cool Ralph Lauren biker jacket on my first visit to Better On You, a consignment store in downtown Calgary. I adore the quilted, shoulder detail, button clasped, round collar and its perfect fit. A fitted jacket is definitely a staple in anyone’s closet. I acknowledge than I have more than enough black and white shoes, but after finding these Stuart Weitzman‘s (a brand that I dared not dream to obtain during this status of broke, university student), I had to make an addition to my collection. One of the things that made my day was when a woman came up to me, complimented me on my shoes and asked me about them. There is nothing more satisfying than being acknowledged on my style (most especially by a stranger), let alone being asked to inform them about fashion. It’s moments like this that motivate me to never stop pursuing fashion as my ultimate career.
(Scroll ahead and you will be creeped out at how cheap I got these for!)
“You ain’t got nothing on my gang.”
1) Jacket: Consigned Ralph Lauren (similar here) | 2) Leggings: H&M | 3) Grey Socks: UNIQLO | 4) Creepers: Consigned Stuart Weitzman (similar here) | 5) Leather Backpack: Vintage from mom
A plus tard et avec l’amour!