It has been ages since I’ve wanted to pay a visit to one of Calgary’s coolest neighbourhoods: Inglewood. And since I’m an avid fan of cafés, I had to finally check out Gravity! The interior was absolutely posh and the food was superb. Is it a surprise that I didn’t order coffee? Go figure, they served Phil & Sebastian.
I have a terrible habit of going shopping when I’m stressed, most specifically during exam times. Inglewood is definitely the place to go for all things local and unique! Of all the stores I visited, my top three favourites are listed below:
1) Reworks: This store is the absolute coolest! They are all about artistic innovations made from recycled materials, whilst supporting small businesses and/or local artists.
2) Olivier’s: Sweet tooth got you craving? This is heaven for all chocolate and candy lovers! Upon entrance, you are easily drawn in by the scrumptious whiff of their fresh, local goods. I made my last purchases of gifts & a little something for myself and family.
3) Phoenix Comics: How could I resist not going inside this haven of all things geek? What I appreciated about this particular comic store was it was well-organized, unlike most that are cluttered. It made maneuvering around and finding things easier. Also, if you collect pins like I do, they have plenty of awesome ones! They also have a vintage, yet pimp Ronald McDonald statue.
Since stores are individually built, prepare well to dress in warmth if you are to visit in the middle of winter like I. Layers will do.
1) Oversized Shirt: GAP (similar here) | 2) Leggings: H&M | 3) Coat: Thrifted (similar here) | 4) Boots: ALDO | 5) Thigh-Highs: Free People | 6) Backpack: Vintage from momInglewood is definitely a gem & will now be one of my favourite spots to hang out!
A plus tard et avec l’amour!
Growing up, my mom would dress my sisters and I in matching outfits but as cute as that was, we inevitably grew up and developed our own sense of styles.
My style can be best described as sophisticated with an edge. I like pieces that have plenty of character but in its materials durable and retains hints of elegance. It is of utmost importance for me to keep everything balanced. I like to mix prints and textures with basics, incorporate both light and dark colours and be watchful of lengths. In this outfit, I particularly focused on maintaining balance in skin exposure. Personally, I do not like to wear tank top with shorts but instead, with jeans. My style secret: I like to buy sale and vintage!
1) Strappy tank: American Eagle | 2) Cigarette Skinnies: GAP (similar here) | 3) Flats: ZARA | 4) Leather Backpack: Vintage from Mom
2. Second Sister
My second sister has an affinity for wearing dark colours with tints of red, military boots and generally, comfortable attire. She is best described as edgy and is inspired by menswear. Her casual attires are usually oversized and laid-back but when it comes to more formal occasions, she can be seen rocking body-con dresses and high heels. Her style secret: Black works with everything! 1) T-Shirt: Rihanna line from Hard Rock NY | 2) Jeans: Guess 3) Cross-body bag: Kate Spade | 4) Rings: ALDO | 5) Watch: Skagen Denmark | 6) Aviators: Ray Ban | 7) Boots: Enzo Angiolini for Nine West
3. Eldest Sister
My eldest sister’s style can be best described as classic, yet on trend. She likes to wear pieces that are timeless and comfortable, mainly neutral in colours and simple silhouettes. She can make Converses and tees look chic by adding expensive details. Because of her petite frame, she is able to snatch up cute pieces from the junior’s department, one of her biggest style secrets! Fun fact: She takes the photographs for my blog! 1) Patterned Dress: GAP | 2) Jumper: ZARA Kids (similar here) | 3) Sneakers: Converse | 4) Cross-body bag: BCBG Max Azria | 5) Watch: Burberry
I hope you liked this post! Thanks to my sisters for being such good sports!
A plus tard et avec l’amour!